Friday, January 13, 2012

Sick Of Being Sick

I get sick a lot. It ranges from migraines, gastritis, allergies, sinusitis, flu, etc. I can't even remember the names of other ailments I am diagnosed with. Since childhood, I became a frequent customer of hospitals and have been immune to bad tasting medicines and needles which left me black and blue in the arms and in the back of my palms. You can even see the needle marks and play connect the dots. There are times that I spend days in the hospital with IV lines connected to me. I've seen a number of doctors, undergone series of tests and have been prescribed with a number of medicines. For precautionary measures, I make sure that I have complete vaccinations and follow the doctor’s advice. I do some exercise once in a while but still I get sick.

When I get sick, so many things are being compromised and many aspects of my life are affected. Physically, I am limited and confined to non-strenuous activities. I can’t travel or go anywhere I want to avoid making things worse. It takes a hit into my finances especially when buying medicines. Luckily, I have a health card but sometimes I still have to shed out some cash for tests that are not covered. Whenever I’m not around at work, everybody knew I’m on sick leave. It’s nothing new for them.

The only advantage I can think of from being sick is that I am being pampered. But, I still prefer not getting sick because I feel useless and boring. It lessens my self-esteem and the more I see myself as a weakling.

I badly want to be healthy. Is something wrong with me or am I doing something wrong? Getting ill is not something I am happy about. Now you can see my dilemma that’s why I am sick of being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment